Local Food and Drink
NEARBY FOOD AND DRINK EXPERIENCES – Be sure to call the restaurants for details and/or reservations.
Less than 1 mile away
- Villa Nigrelli – Restaurant, Bar, Pizzeria – 845.592.4925
Right around the corner and delicious! Reservations are necessary for Fridays and Saturdays!
HOPEWELL JUNCTION – 4 miles away
- Tiramisu – Restaurant, Bar, Pizzeria, Bakery, Cafe – 845.227.8707
Open 7 days for lunch and dinner with live entertainment.
- Daddy O’s – Restaurant, Bar, Grill – 845.221.3444
Open 7 days for breakfast (served all day), lunch and dinner. Gluten free & vegetarian options, Kids menu.
- Hopewell Hot Bagels – Breakfast, cafe. 845-226-4594 Bagels, donuts, muffins and breakfast sandwiches, coffee and tea. Open 7 days a week from 6am to 7pm (2pm on Sundays). Won several awards for best bagel shop in Dutchess County.
- Joe’s Dairy Bar – Ice cream, American food stand (burgers, hot dogs, nachos, etc) – 845.221.0488
Known staple in the area. Won several local awards for best ice cream in Dutchess County.
WAPPINGERS FALLS – 6 miles away
- Tomas Tapas Bar and Restaurant – Tapas American and Mediterranean – 845.447.1776
Elegant dining on classic and innovative small plates with signature drinks and live music.
- Izumi – Sushi, Habachi, bar – 845.632.6122
Modern interpretation of classic dishes. High quality fresh ingredients
VILLAGE OF WAPPINGERS FALLS
- County Fare – Restaurant, bar – 845.297.3300
Regionally sourced, artisanal pub fare. Comfort food, classic cocktails, craft beers. Open 7 days a week, Brunch on Sundays.
- Di’Vine Wine Bar – Small plates, wine bar – 845-797-5635
Won Best of Hudson Valley Wine Bar 2016. Live music, Beautiful view on the Falls from outside area.
- Stephano’s Ristorante – Authentic Italian cuisine. 845-297-9300
Known as “the best authentic italian food in the area.” Now with two locations, also on Main St in Fishkill, NY
- Aroma Osteria – Upscale Italian American, bar. 845.298.6790
Refined Southern Italian fare & Italian wine in a villa-style setting with a large, leafy terrace.
VILLAGE of FISHKILL – 12 miles away
- Il Barilotto Enoteca – Traditional Italian Cuisine with a modern day twist – 845.897.4300
Locally & seasonally inspired contemporary Italian dishes in a restored 19th-century carriage house.
- Piano Piano Wine Bar – Cozy before or after dinner place – 845.896.VINO
Serving wines from around the world, micro brews, cappuccino, expresso and light food items.
- Sapore Steakhouse – Restaurant. 845.897.3300
Stately, white-tablecloth restaurant for classic surf ‘n’ turf, plus game such as venison & buffalo.
- Eleven 11 Grille & Spirits – Restaurant, Bar. 845.896.0011
Rustic 19th-century building housing a lively tavern & family-friendly New American dining room.
- Feeling Kinda Kozy – American Restaurant, bar. 845.765.2588
Happy hour food and drinks, live music, open 7 days a week
- The Tomato Cafe – American Restaurant. 845.896.7779
Laid-back cafe with an extensive Italian & American menu, plus a patio & a pastry counter.
- The Dutchess Biercafe – Comfort food, small bites, quick bite. 845.440.7747
- Cilantro – Mexican Restaurant. 845.896.8700
- Hudsons’ Ribs & Fish – Upscale dining, bar. 845.297.5002
A straightforward, family-friendly roadside spot dishing out hand-cut steaks & seafood.
- Tanjoré – Indian Restaurant. 845.896.6659
An ever-changing lunch buffet is the main draw at this no-frills hub for familiar In
BEACON – 14 miles away
- Cafe Amaracord – New American Fare – 845.440.0050
Hearty Northern Italian dishes served in a warm-toned interior with vintage movie posters.
- Kitchen Sink Food and Drink – New American farm to table fare – 845.765.0240
Eclectic menu served in a homey space with modern, rustic decor.
- Sukothai – Thai Restaurant. 845.790.5375
Spiced-to-order Thai favorites & innovative dishes served in a spacious, brick-walled cafe.
- Chill Wine Bar – Wine Bar, Light Bites, Late Night. 845.765.0885
Tapas & a rotating selection of wine served in a romantic spot with live jazz & an old world vibe.
- Baja 328 Tequila Bar – Mexican American Restaurant, Tequila Bar. 845.838.2252
- Bank Square Coffeehouse – Coffee Shop, local craft beers, light bites, late night. 845.440.7165
This arty hangout with eclectic furniture offers espresso drinks, local craft beer & light bites.
- The Roundhouse – American farm-to-table, hotel. 845.765.8369
Upscale, sleek rooms in an industrial-chic hotel with farm-to-table dining & a riverside patio.
- Beacon Falls Cafe – American. 845.765.0172
Cozy storefront serving creative American comfort food backed by wine flights & microbrews.
- Ella’s Bellas – Gluten Free Bakery. 845.765.8502
- Tito Santana – Authentic Mexican Restaurant. 845.765.2350
Innovative Mexican tacos, quesadillas & vegan dishes are served in modern digs with vibrant artwork.
- Stock Up – Gourmet Deli. 845.202.7400
- Towne Crier Cafe – Restaurant and live music venue. 845.855.1300
Longtime eatery featuring bistro dishes, weekend brunch & live music, including open-mike nights.
- The Vault – American Restaurant. 845.202.7735
- Glazed Over Donuts – Speciality Donut Shop, Coffee. 845.765.0505
Voted Hudson Valley Magazine’s Best Donut Shop 2017
POUGHKEEPSIE – 15 miles away
- Crave Restaurant and Lounge – Inventive area-sourced New American fare – 845.452.3501
The style, decor, and ambiance of Crave brings Manhattan to Washington Street. Located just under the Walkway Over the Hudson.
- Mill House Brewing Company – Gastropub and brewery – 845.485.2739
House brewed beers and elevated pub fare using local ingredients are served in a renovated mill.
- The Artist’s Palate – New American eats and cocktails – 845.483.8074
Served in an 1830’s building with trendy vibe and open kitchen. Bustling. Popular for lunch and dinner.
- Brasserie 292 – Stylish French brasserie in a restored store front – 845.473.0292
Copper tin ceiling, cafe tables and red booths. Romantic. Popular for lunch and dinner.
- Lola’s – Lunch-only American Cafe. 845.471.8555
Informal, lunch-only cafe offering inventive sandwiches, salads & soups for dine-in or takeout.
Also now open Lola’s in New Paltz, NY, serving lunch and dinner.
- Crew – Upscale American Restaurant and bar. 845.462.8900
New American dishes are served in this modern, colorful space with a lively bar scene.
- Poughkeepsie Ice House on the Hudson – Restaurant, bar, riverfront dining – 845.232.5783
New American fare & raw bar in bright, spacious quarters with a huge riverfront patio.
- River Station – Seafood Restaurant. 845.452.9207
Family-friendly waterfront spot with American fare, patio, glass-enclosed 2nd-floor room & pub area.
- Shadows on the Hudson – New American Restaurant, large bar. 845.486.9500
New American eats in a sprawling space with standout views, striking decor & a serpentine bar. Brunch buffet on Sundays.
- Nic L Inn Wine Cellar – Bistro. 845.452.5649
Offbeat neighborhood bistro with locally sourced, select eats, pour-your-own wine & outdoor seating.
- BC Kitchen – Cafe, Bistro, Bar, Live Music. 845.485.8411
Bistro & bar serving New American meals all day in warm surrounds with live music some nights.
- Beech Tree Grill – American Restaurant and bar. 845.471.7279
Small, popular hangout serving New American fare & interesting beers in a space with a lively bar.
- Umberto’s of Mamma Marisa – Italian American Restaurant. 845.462.5117
Classic & contemporary Italian-American cuisine served since 1976, plus a Sunday brunch buffet.
- Billy Bob’s BBQ – BBQ, Bar, Late Night. 845.471.7870
Smoked meats & grill grub at this BBQ joint offering daily happy hour plus music & karaoke nights.
- Schatzi’s Pub – Gastropub. 845.454.1179
With two locations, newest in New Paltz, NY, homey pub with a large beer garden offering craft beers, plus sausages, burgers & updated bar food.
- Dominick’s Trattoria – Upscale Italian Restaurant. 845.486.9400
- Le Express – French Restaurant. 845.849.3565
Stylish strip-mall bistro offering classic French & French-colonial fare plus a variety of sliders.
- The Crooked Rooster – Modern Cuisine. 845.204.9900
Noodle bowls, salads, sandwiches.
- Rossi’s Deli – Italian Grocery & Deli. 845.471.0654
A staple in a Poughkeepsie neighborhood, winner of Hudson Valley Magazine’s Best Deli
PAWLING – 17 miles away
- Daryl’s House Club – Rustic American Restaurant and Live Music Venue – 845.289.0185
Check the schedule of performances at Darylshouseclub.com.
- McKinney & Doyle – Robust New American fare – 845.855.3875
Tavernlike spot with attached bakery. Zagat rated. Popular for dinner and Saturday or Sunday brunch.
MILLBROOK – 20 miles away
- Millbrook Cafe – Authentic 19th century cooking in a wood-fired brick oven and grill – 845.677.6956
Fresh seafood, hand-cut beef filets and homemade desserts. Lunch or dinner. 5 miles from Millbrook Winery.
- Aurelia – Mediterranean Restaurant. 845.677.4720
Relaxed haunt featuring a menu of Mediterranean fare, including homemade gnocchi, plus a fireplace.
- Cafe Les Baux – French Restaurant. 845.677.8166
Cozy, timeless restaurant featuring traditional French bistro cuisine & an extensive wine list.
- Trattoria San Giorgio – Italian, Healthy Options. 845.677.4566 Comfort food, small plates.
- La Puerta Azul – Mexican Restaurant. 845.677.2985
Refined Mexican fare is served in a stylish space where musicians perform live on weekends.
- Charlotte’s – Upscale European Restaurant. 845.677.5888
Area-sourced European fare & diverse wines offered in a country setting with fireplaces & a patio.
HYDE PARK – 25 miles away
- Hyde Park Brewery – Craft Brewery and Brewpub Fresh Cuisine – 845-229-8277
Serving updated pub fare in a warm, wood taproom. Complimentary Tours. Across the street from FDR’s Home.
- Culinary Institute of America – The American Bounty Restaurant and The Bocuse Restaurant are open Tuesday though Saturday. The Apple Pie Bakery Café, Post Road Brew House, and Ristorante Caterina de’ Medici are open Monday through Friday. Please see each restaurant’s website for additional hours and closure information. Under the guidance of its expert chef-instructors and maîtres d’hôtel, students execute the meal and service to the exacting standards set by the world-renowned CIA.