At Bykenhulle House, we’re dedicated to providing all of our guests a memorable Hudson Valley bed and breakfast experience. Our policies are designed to ensure that each guest receives the highest standards in service.
- For reservations made directly on our website or via phone, a $35 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation and will be charged to the credit card provided. If booking your reservation less than 7 days before your arrival, the entire reservation amount will be charged to your credit card. Your reservation is not confirmed until your deposit has been successfully processed. An automatic confirmation will be sent by our reservation system to the email you provide. The remainder of your balance is due at check-in and can be paid by credit card or cash.
- Guests electing self-check-in or arriving outside of the normal check-in hours will have the remaining balance charged the day that the self-check-in information is provided.
- Reservations made through Airbnb will be charged a 100% deposit at the time of booking.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
- We will text message or call you the day before your arrival to confirm your arrival time. We must know IN ADVANCE if you are arriving outside of the normal check-in hours of 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. as there may not be an innkeeper available outside those times and the door will be locked. You may elect to self-check-in by calling 845-232-3260 or email email@example.com and we will provide you with the self-check-in information. It is rare that we can accommodate an early check-in.
- Check-out is any time before 11 am.
- If you need to leave before breakfast is served, please let us know before 6 pm the night before and we will be happy to prepare a bagged breakfast to take with you. A late check-out must be arranged in advance with the innkeeper to assure there is ample time to prepare the room for guests arriving later that day.
- For your security, we provide you with a key to your room. Should you misplace this key, we must assess a fee of $25, which will be charged to the credit card on file. If you find the key, please return it for a refund of this charge.
- We are a small inn and cancellations affect us dramatically. Therefore, you must agree to the following cancellation policy at the time of booking:
- If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed and you booked directly through our website or via phone, cancellation notice is required 7 days prior to your arrival date.
- Reservations canceled less than 7 days prior to your arrival date will be charged in full.
- We highly encourage guests to consider purchasing trip insurance in the event an emergency arises that impedes your travel plans. Visit squaremouth.com to compare and purchase travel insurance policies. All canceled reservations, regardless of notice or reason, will be charged a $35 minimum cancellation fee.
- If you made your reservation through a third-party website such as Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, or Airbnb, you are bound to the cancellation policies agreed to when booking on their website. Any reservation made on a third-party website must be canceled through the third-party website; it is your responsibility to contact them with the cancellation.
- Included in all room rates is a freshly-made 3-course breakfast served at 9 a.m. in our dining room. The dining room closes at 10 a.m.. A Grab n’ Go breakfast is provided for our Business and Golf guests.
- If you let us know when making your reservation, we do try to accommodate dietary restrictions.
OCCUPANCY AND RATES
- All room rates are per room, double occupancy. There is a $40.00 charge for one additional person (applicable in the Ellen Marie and Mary Michele Suites only). A 12.125% Hotel and Sales Tax is applied to all rates.
MINIMUM STAYS AND PRICES
- There is no weekend minimum, except certain holidays which have a 2 night minimum.
- Prices and terms are subject to change without notice, but not once you have made your reservation. A $35 non-refundable deposit will be charged at the time of booking.
- All guest rooms have private baths, hair dryers, and toiletries.
- All guest rooms and public areas have free wireless internet access.
- All guest rooms are air-conditioned (seasonal). Rooms Florence Marie and William Francis have wood burning fireplaces (seasonal); all other rooms have electric fireplaces.
- Coffee and tea are available 24/7, with a Keurig system for coffee and an instant hot dispenser for tea.
- We do not have a liquor license, but guests are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages. Ice, ice buckets, glasses and corkscrews are all available for use.
- On a multiple-night stay, please let a staff member know if you would like your room freshened or new towels. It is not our policy to enter the guest room after check-in unless asked to do so.
- Our property is appropriate for children 12 years old and older.
- We love animals, but cannot accommodate your pets.
- Smoking is not permitted within the Bykenhulle House or within 10 feet of the house. Smoking is permitted in the garden seating area.
- Upon your request, returning of personal items requires a $10 fee plus postage and handling; total will be charged to the credit card used during the stay.
We hope you enjoy your stay at our Hudson Valley Inn!